This week, we are featuring Los Angeles based bridal and evening wear designer Monique Lhuillier. Making waves in the business of bridal wear, Lhuillier’s gowns are beautifully exquisite and unique as she masters the art of layering and texture. And the celebrities love her, Carrie Underwood, Ashlee Simpson, Alicia Silverstone, Jewel, Kate Walsh, and Britney Spears all wore Monique Lhuillier wedding dresses for their big day.
In a recent interview, with the cinderella project, the expert team at Monique Lhuiller recommended:
- “The most important thing to remember is not to get overwhelmed! Try on 6-8 gowns to get an overall feel for the fit and design.”
- “Don't forget to have an open mind. You may not be able to visualize how a 2 piece wedding gown fits on the body by looking at it on the hanger or just because you envisioned yourself in satin doesn’t mean you shouldn’t pick a lace gown that you love!”
- “What our bride needs to remember that only she will be wearing the dress she selects!! If you feel confident and beautiful in your dress that is the only thing that matters. Listen to yourself and you can’t go wrong!”
- “The reception short cocktail dress has made a major comeback! Stars such as Carrie Underwood have set the tone by changing into a sexy short cocktail dress to dance the night away! At Monique Lhuillier you will see embellished corset bodices with textured short skirts!”
- “The thought of choosing just ONE dress out of the sea of beautiful gowns we have at the salon is no easy task! It is so important to try on several different styles and shapes to narrow in on the silhouette that you want to wear. After the silhouette is selected then you can easily navigate through the details to decide what it is that you like best- embroideries, beading, lace or textured layering!”
Here are only a few of dresses from Monique Lhuillier’s 2011 Bridal Spring collection:
Check out Monique Lhuillier website to view the rest of the 2011 Bridal Spring Collection and see what’s in store for her 2011 Fall Bridal collection as well. Just click HERE.