For those of you who don't remember - and let's face it, who doesn't remember - the two were married on April 29thof 2011 at Westminster Abbey in London. The Royal Wedding was absolutely breath taking and the "talk of the town" on the News, Social Media Outlets and Daily Chatter. Her dress is still on the mind of many and will be an inspiration to many trends for years to come.
The Bridal Fantasy Group was fortunate enough to hear firsthand about The Royal Wedding when Jane Dayus-Hinch joined us this past September as our Keynote Speaker for Bridal Conference. Jane - who live tweeted the whole thing (her twitter here: @WeddingSOS) - describes the roar of the crowd and the excitement in the air as The Royal Family and the wonderful couple made their way to the Westminster Abbey.
If you'd love to re-live the entire wedding again (and who wouldn't!) through Jane's eyes, click here!
Facts about the spectacular Royal Wedding:
- Over 1,900 Guests: Check out the official guest list here
- The train of Kate Middleton's dress measured 8ft 8ins (2m 70cm)
- Kate was 29, making her the oldest royal bride ever (Source)
- Kate received late mother-in-law's 18-carat sapphire and diamond engagement ring (pictured below)
- Prince William and Kate was the first royal couple to sign a pre-nup (Source)
- Elton John preformed at The Royal Wedding
Our favourite thing about this absolutely world-famous couple is that they can clearly make it work. How many stories have YOU seen on them fighting, or "divorce already" like many other duos in the spotlight? I'd say none! So, what keeps The Royal Couple's marriage afloat? Here are some likely tips:
1. Honesty: No relationship can ever function without this key ingredient, that's why we know Will and Kate practice it! Being honest with your partner should never be difficult!
2. Communication: Communication leads to understanding, and understanding leads to NO FIGHTING! If you can communicate openly and honestly with your partner, it's pretty hard to find something to fight about!
3. Tolerance: As we all know, Will and Kate have been travelling the World since their wedding, and travelling is always a stressful time - especially with your partner. You can get annoyed with anyone you're travelling with extremely quickly, so you have to be patient and tolerant of the little things. Don't let it get out of hand! It's not worth a fight ruining your trip - or worse, your relationship!
4. Love: This may seem obvious, but of course it's the biggest part of keeping a strong and healthy relationship. The little things mean the most - saying "I love you" daily, sending flowers, and cooking meals - things that just show how much you care. No one wants that love to fade away! And we see in photos of Will and Kate, the way they look at each other and hold hands, their love is still burning strong!
From The Bridal Fantasy Group team we want to wish you only the best for many years to come, Happy 1 Year Anniversary Kate & William!