Home Entertaining – Setting a Standard
Typically, home entertaining is much less elaborate than a wedding reception and doesn’t call for the assistance of an event planner or caterer. Nonetheless, you want to make every aspect of any get-together in your home memorable, from creating the perfect ambiance to serving up scrumptious fare – while making it all look effortless, of course! As you begin your journey as a married host extraordinaire, consider the following home entertaining ideas.
Home Entertaining Ideas for Unforgettable Cocktail Parties
Thanks to busy schedules, spending all day shopping and preparing for your first cocktail party just isn’t possible. Pull it all together quickly and easily with these easy entertaining tips:
- Avoid the hassle of stocking a wide assortment of liquor by purchasing prepared drink mixes. Offer your guests margaritas to martinis effortlessly, or create a house special.
- Gourmet packaged dip mixes, epicurean jellies and mouth-watering deli creations will surely impress guests without a full day’s work in the kitchen. For a sweet treat, a chocolate fountain in the middle of your table makes a beautiful and delicious centerpiece.
- When decorating for your party, remember eclectic is in! Unpack all those different wine glasses, tumblers and bar accessories you received as wedding gifts. A mix of styles and looks is fun and interesting. And remember, all those leftover wedding napkins will come handy – monogrammed napkins are not only impressive but a great reminder of your special day.
Home Entertaining for Friends and Family – Dinner Parties can be Easy too!
Dinner parties don’t have to be a ton of work. Worried about the size of your new home or your not yet perfected cooking skills? Here are a few more home entertaining ideas to ease your worries:
- A buffet dinner allows your guests a chance to visit in a relaxed atmosphere. It also takes the worry out of seating arrangements and space restrictions.
- If your schedule and your culinary abilities make planning an elaborate meal a challenge, consider visiting one of the many new “dinner factories” that are gaining popularity. These outlets will help you assemble and freeze fantastic meals with minimal preparation and clean-up. This way, you can even offer several different entrees. Simply toss together a few salads to complete the meal. Easy!
The key to successful home entertaining for friends and family is simple. Make sure your guests feel welcome and remember to enjoy yourself! Parties are supposed to be fun!